Monday, September 12, 2011

Reaching goals at Pure Power Bootcamp,NYC - Week 4, Day 1


Tour of Duty Journal
Week 4, Day 2
Ok, so somehow I have survived this bootcamp, so far. It hasn't been easy but I've survived. I definitely feel  I've improved from the where I first started. At least now I can do some some exercises that I wasn't able to do before when I first started. I can also actually say that I am finally getting used to the early schedule. Today was as usual pretty intense.  I don't think there is any comparison to a PPBC 5:30 am morning as it is filled with lots of running, mountain climbers, squat thrusts and tire lifting - that's just mentioning some of the things we do. I'm still having difficulty jumping gracefully over those darn hurdles. I really want to be able to jump over them like superman but reality is since I don't have those super powers I have to work on building my muscles. I think once I gain that upper arm strength I'll be able to do more of the things I'm having trouble with. Every time we have to do the hurdles, I feel like I'm getting close but just not there yet. Today  JR was teaching and we were doing a lot of what I call "muscle mania" training as we were using a lot of weights and these really long bars that were quite heavy. We had to run with them and  pretend they were our riffle. At one point I couldn't help but wonder if this how the army was like as it sure sure felt like a army morning. So besides that, today I was thinking of my  strengths/ weakness and pondering how I can take this info to improve and be at my goals. Below are my thoughts of my strengths and things I could improve on...Oh yeah, I also saw the lyrics from Man of La Mancha and it is actually really   refreshing as it is called "The impossible dream" yet it really goes through how that dream technically is "possible" - really a nice read...


Strengths:
+ Good at goal planning
+ Good at breaking down large projects to smaller goals
+ Good at recognizing when it's time to change
+ Good at being tenacious, not giving up so easily and getting excited to reach goals


Weakness:
- I need to take more risks
- I can't be so hard on myself when I technically don't do things "perfectly"
- I need to practice getting out of my shell and not being so "shy"
- Right now I'm not as confident as I would like to be although I do feel better about being able to do more
 The Impossible Dream
To Dream... the impossible dream
To  fight...the unbeatable
To Bear...with unbearable sorrow
To run..where the brave dare not go
To right.. the unrightable wrong
To Love..pure and chaste from afar
To try.. when your arms are too weary
To reach... the unreachable star


This is my quest, to follow that star...
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far...
To fight for the right, without question or pause...


And I know if I'll be true, to this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm,
The world will be a better place for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach... the unreachable star
-Man of La Mancha

No comments:

Post a Comment