Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting focused at Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - Week 4, Day 3



Tour of Duty Journal
Week 4, Day 3:
Ok, today was better then yesterday. I wasn't as "sloppy" in my exercises and I am determined not to be known as "sloppy joe" or "sloppy jane." I'm going to try and do all the exercises right so I can get better. I figure it's better to start off by doing all those squat thrusts right and do less reps and build myself up vs. going fast and looking like a looney and not getting the most of the exercise. Today was pretty good though, we're doing the hurdles and I've still yet to climb the intensity wall. We have three different walls that we are supposed bring ourselves up and over and I can't do either the up or the over. I still need help with them but I'm thinking maybe once I finish this Tour of Duty I'll be able to maybe go up and over without any assistance.
Today we also did a lot of mt. jumpers- those are still quite difficult for me. Every time it never fails - as soon as we are done with them my arms feel like noodles. My legs are also feeling the soreness, especially in my calves. Even though I've gotten better at running, since things here are never the same you just don't  know how to prepare. Especially when we have to run extra because one of us didn't do the exercises as fast as we should have. I admit, I've caused my platoon to have to re-do things but I do my best not to because I feel incredibly horrible afterwards. Everything is a team here and there is no special treatment to anyone so it's nice that all is fair game. Anyhow, I saw this cute picture of Charlie Brown and it kinda sorta reminded me of myself as we have the same facial expressions while doing some of the exercises. Charlie Brown is trying to figure out how to kick the football and I'm trying to figure out how to do the prefect squat thrust. Over all though I think we're gonna make it to the 8th week. OOhhh yeah, gonna make it to the 8th week.. number 8.. ohh 8!
"Self confidence is a state of mind that comes through actions; you can become self confident by becoming a person with a purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment