Thursday, September 8, 2011

Achieving goals at Pure Power Bootcamp NYC - Tour of Duty Journal Week 3, Day 4


Tour of Duty Journal
Week 3, Day 4
Ok, day 4 and I'm getting better every day. Slowly but surely I think I can eventually get to a level where I'll be able to do all these exercises without being sore all over. I really want to be able to climb over that Intensity wall that I talked about earlier this week. It's going to be one of my new goals. It looks really cool but like I said the only thing that has me hesitant is that I miss grabbing the rope and I lose a tooth! Starting to do the monkey bars and I have to say I really don't remember the monkey bars in grade school being so difficult. I get blisters on my hands so I was thinking of getting some Spiderman gloves so I don't slip while attempting to finish the entire set. Before I know it I'll be zipping through those monkey bars like a blot of lightening and non of the trainers will know what passed by. But, in the meantime, I should go to the sports store to see which gloves they may have that will work for being able to get a good grip on the bars.
Oh! so I saw this picture of Dara Torres and have to say I couldn't help but get inspired. My goal is to look at least 1/2 as good as she does! So I have to keep practicing going to bootcamp. Oh and did I mention she is 40 but wow she's really inspiring, as she is in such great shape. I bought her book and so far it's been a good read as she talks about her journey through preparing for the Olympics. Your mind is your only limit as technically speaking if you still have a pulse, anything is possible. Now if only I could use this metal power to climb those tall walls. Maybe it will happen tomorrow. My new motto is "working on getting stronger." Bootcamp stronger :)
I found a really interesting article about achieving goals and it really made me ponder a lot. There were some interesting facts that this article talked about. Specifically speaking about the value of journaling and writing down goals.  Which got me excited as technically speaking that's what I've been doing  with my bootcamp journey. Below are some interesting facts....

23% of the population has no idea what they want from life,and as a result, they do not have much

67% of the population has a general idea of what they want, but they do not have any plans for how to get it

Only 10% of the population has specific,well-defined goals,but even then, seven out of the ten of those people reach their goal only half the time.

The top 3%  achieved their goals 89% of the time

"Walk towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you."

No comments:

Post a Comment