Sunday, September 25, 2011

Motivational Mondays at Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - Week 6, Day 1

http://purepowerbootcamp.com/

Tour of Duty Journal
Week 6, Day 1
I think I am finally really "there." I am feeling so adjusted to my wacky 5:30 am schedule. I feel a LOT better then before - more motivated. Not sure if it was my watching the making of Rocky Balboa this weekend but whatever it is, I am not sure what happened but ever since last week my drive has been at "turbo charge" and my metal harness is completely present at what I am doing. I feel more focused, mentally stronger, and by far more ignited to see myself do well. Today didn't feel like your ordinary Monday. Today I felt really ready to push through all the pain and soreness and do well in all the exercises. I'm getting better and better with all the different exercises we are doing and I'm still keeping up with the guys. I'm really proud of myself for that as even though they are all taller then me that doesn't really faze me as some of the strongest things in this planet are not the necessarily the biggest, instead they are the smallest. Kinda sorta, like a Diamond :) And today I definitely felt that way. I think Nicio and Russo are starting to notice me getting better as today I did something that I never in my life would have ever thought of. I was doing weights with the cross bar and then Nicio put two tires on the end and I was still doing well. Afterwards I felt like a Rock Star!!! GRRRR...
Besides that I think I am going to continue with the 6 month maintenance. I am definitely sticking to the 5:30 am class as for the most part it is small and not as overwhelming for me as the other big classes. Besides, I like waking up early,  going to bootcamp and then having my breakfast afterwards. Ironically, it's the only time during the day that it is "my time" and I really like it so 5:30 am it is for the next 6 months...

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment