Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Getting "Rocky Balboa" strong at Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - Week 5, Day 2

Tour of Duty Journal
Week 5, Day 2
I'm still somehow going really strong - Ever since yesterday, I have no idea where all this adrenaline is coming from! Things finally seem to be falling into place. I think I'm going the right direction and I feel like I am getting closer to climbing that wall that I've been rambling about. I definitely have momentum. I feel more driven and I totally want to be better. I can do all the squat thrusts with the tire over my head! yay! Before I couldn't do that. My arms are definalty taking a Rocky Balboa turn and getting stronger. I'm really excited! I can't believe the strength I have gained in such a short time frame. Things are really finally coming together! yay! Bootcamp rules! oh yeah! oh yeah! getting better, oooh yeah! oooh yeah! Just wait for tomarrow! Today was day 2 of beating the guys! Tomarrow I'll be sooo fast they'll think Roadrunner just went by..What's the saying... Boys drool and Girls RULE!!!
-Gail Devers
So this is a little article I found on achieving your dreams. It's a little bit "Cumbayaish" but actually a pretty good read none the less..


HOW TO PUT AWESOME POWER INTO YOUR LIFE.
Achievers are believers: they believe in themselves and in life.

Achievers are great dreamers (but not "airy-fairey stuff"). What dreams in life would you have, if you knew you could not possibly fail? What particular dream would make you happiest in fulfilling? Firstly, Have total faith: in yourself.

1. Discover the Awesome Power of a Dream.
A vision for the future, that will capture your entire heart and at the deepest level, your spirit and soul. Open your mind up to the awesome power of your creative imagination. Allow yourself the courage and freedom to even fantasise until you get a vision, a dream of what your life could one day stand for. 

2. Your dream must be backed by ACTION.
Achievers are dreamers and DOERS. Take small steps and you'll find that one step leads to another, then the next."Rome wasn't built in a day."

3. DEVELOP YOUR DESIRE to see the dream come to fruition.
Work on your motivation daily. Allow your Dream to be at the fore-front of your life, the "core of your being". It will motivate, inspire and energise you by giving you a SENSE OF PURPOSE - essential. Only YOU have the power to kill your dream. Nothing is impossible to the person, whose vision becomes a dream and when that dream is allowed to take control over your life. Like an obsession... but strive
for balance

4. Develop a Success Consciousness, that you will achieve 
your dream one day.
It's a positive pattern of thinking, a great attitude/mind-set to have, which will propel you down the road to success.Think abundance and prosperity and not lack.... and you will draw it to yourself from the Universe.

5. Don't surrender to negative assumptions.
Eg."I'm too old, a woman, have no money, no resources,no contacts". Challenge them. Nothing is impossible to theperson who has the desire to succeed. As the proverb says, " where there's a will, there's a way".

6. Have a dynamic positive attitude to life.
CHOOSE it. That things will somehow work out for you. Be flexible in your thinking. Attitude determines your altitude and more than anything else, I believe, is a vitally important ingredient in seeing your dreams come to fruition.


7. Really BELIEVE that things will work out for you.
Believe in yourself with honesty and humility....and not arrogance. It's not being "big-headed" saying things, like "I am unique, somebody special, I KNOW I can (make a difference, some impact in this amazing and beautiful world of ours, etc")! Doing this demands having a healthy self concept (image).

8. PERSIST
Look at all the options and check them each day. Obstacles and pressures shift, like sand-storms. Never ever walk away from problems. Say, "I will until....".

9. Be patient.
Like a good wine, a great dream usually takes many years to mature and then blossom. When nothing
seems to be happening, don't give up hope. Never.

10. Be open and flexible in your strategies to achieve your 
goals, your dream(s).
 If one road on the path to achieving your dream gets blocked, go round the back way. 

11. Review your strategy and progress from time to time.
Evaluate your strategies and tactics. How effectively are you progressing down your chosen path? Are you
getting the results expected and what you desire?If not, try another approach.

12. Listen to others, really listen, instead of thinking 
what you are going to say next. 
Think how can I best help the next person. As Zig Zigler wisely said, "You get what you want, by helping other people get what they want."

14. Never Give Up on the Core of your Dream. Never!
Ask yourself this vital question: What are the alternatives to NOT dreaming it... and only YOU can kill your grand vision..

Article by: Craig Lock

No comments:

Post a Comment