Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Building a Pillar of Strength at Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - Week 6, Day 4

Tour of Duty
Week 6, Day 4
Finishing my 6th week at bootcamp! yay! I can't believe it, I'm almost done with my Tour of Duty - just 2 more weeks to go and I did it! How I did all this I have no idea because I can remember the first day so clearly as if it was yesterday. I think my watching rocky Balboa really sparked some fire. I have to keep watching motivational movies like that! I've gotten so much better in such a short time frame that it still mind boggles me that it happened so quickly. I'm still not the strongest but I've gained momentum and I do have more strength now then I did before. Today was still pretty intense as there were only 4 of us that came today and we partnered up and did a lot of strength pulling on the monkey bars. My hands felt like they were getting blisters but regardless I still had to finish all the exercises. The only thing is since I'm not very tall I really have to focus and try really hard to JUMP! and reach the bars.
Besides that, we also had to do A LOT of star jumps and then we ran around a couple of times with the sands bags which I think weigh at least 50 pounds! (If not, they really sure feel like it) We didn't do the course too much today because it was more about squat thrusts and push ups galore. I think my weakness are my arms and my core but if I could get my arms to have more strength I think I could definitely do the push ups better. Either way I still can't believe I'm almost there! Just 2 more weeks!! OMG!! Excited!! Gonna finish bootcamp with some Rocky Balboa horsepower and Dara Torres speed...I'm gonna be the recruit to reckon with! As I am going to make bootcamp history! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!
The greatest oak was once a little seed who held its ground.  
~Author Unknown
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.  
~Josh Billings
Thought I'd share my favorite part of Rocky Balboa..it's when he starts training and getting his horsepower! For the rest of us since we can't be in the movies, we can always start at bootcamp! Pure Power Bootcamp!! Grrrr... (Oh yeah, notice his best friend is always by his side too! Dogs are the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment