Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting some "Wisdom" at Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - Week 3, Day 2





One thing to remember in order to be successful in life or in achieving any of your goals is that only constant is change. And yes, change is good especially if it all begins in how you think ...

Tour of Duty Journal
Week 3, Day 2
Today was quite interesting. I was the only person that showed up and I had Nicio as my trainer. He is really intense - I believe from what I've heard he is a ex-marine. He had me do a lot of different things, we first started with 50 sit ups - all which I could barely do. I was really embarrassed because I am so out of shape. Besides that, I also had to do different weight routines and I could barley lift 10 pounds! How humiliating! The long story is that at the end of the session after all the twisty and jumping around he said something that really made think some more of why I am at bootcamp. All along all I really wanted to do was to loose weight but when I said that, he corrected me and said, "No, you're here to get stronger, that's what you come here for, to get strong." Completely made me think and changed my mind of how I saw things. I like that philosophy better "to get strong." It definitely has more depth and is a lot better then "just to loose weight." 
"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you"
I saw this article in Oxygen Magazine and loved it! Getting some exercise with your dog. It's sometimes so easy to forget that besides being such good companions, pets are also the best workout buddies as they'll never say no to going on long walk or a quick run. I think I need to start getting my munchkin in a exercise routine too! Everything is changing after being in bootcamp - now I have to think of my new routine and my new way of being because even though I really don't know if this is all working, something is bound to happen. I already feel different in so many ways, I really can't see myself going back to how I was before as it does not serve me anymore. Be Strong, like Dara Torres strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment