Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wounded Warrior Project Pre-Parade Set up at the NYC Veterans Day Parade!


Hello Everyone,
Ok, so we're almost done with the recap of last weeks Veterans Day event and today I wanted to blog about all the work that goes into creating something of such great magnitude! As you can imagine, a lot of thought and work go into making all this happen. When I first arrived at the designated set, I couldn't help but notice how there were a lot of volunteers getting things together for the big event. There were three floats and all of them had already been decorated with sparkly decor and the WWP logo banners. As I walked a little further into where the tents were located, I was welcomed by this gigantic balloon entry that had a sign reading, "Mission: to Honor and Empower Wounded Warriors." I loved this sign in the entry way as it definitely reminded anyone who walked through why we were all there. Quite inspiring! I was then greeted by all the volunteers and found myself walking into the tent where there were tables lined with food and beverages.What I thought was really adorable though was the table that was filled with crayons and patriotic coloring books for the little ones just in case they got a little antsy. It was probably about a 40 minute wait until we had a lot more people arriving and as I like to say, got the party started! We were entertained by some pretty amazing singers and we also were able to enjoy a band of pipers. After the entertainment, the time had finally come to get lined up with our designated groups and get ready to walk NYC! What An Amazing day! A great big "thanks" to Mr. Tony Ntellas and the staff for having me there and making this day be so memorable. :) Until next year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment