Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Keeping up with Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - Maintenance Journal 6 Months, Day 14!

Maintenance Journal
6 Months, Day 14:
Ok today, as usual we had Abs for Tuesdays and since our 5:30 class has gotten bigger, we were separated into two different groups. In the group that I was in, we were using the tires a lot. We did a lot of squat thrusts with the tires and also there was point where we did different reps and in between we had to hold the tire over our heads. At first I was thinking, yeah I can do this... no problem, besides I'm a boot camp super star! Then, after a couple of minutes into the craziness, I was hurting badly! My arms were seriously feeling like they were little twigs trying to hold up a tire. I tried really hard to think happy thoughts as that usually helps in times of needing dire strength. It kinda helped but my arms were still shaking trying to keep it all together. So, as much as the "thinking happy thoughts" usually helps, this time around I needed more fuel in keeping up my strength and finishing the class. So the only thing I could think of was visualizing myself looking like and having the Dara Torres abs. She's a really strong woman and I always thought she was amazing as her life philosophy is one of always following all your goals and dreams. For me I think that's really admirable. No lame chestnut excuses for it's onward and forward we go...
"On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow." - Friedrich Nietzsche 

No comments:

Post a Comment