Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Spending time with the Wounded Warrior Project Veterans and Doggies at the NYC Veterans Day Parade...

Hi Everyone,
Back again and this time wanted to write about Veterans, doggies and how they are a perfect match. I've always had a soft spot for animals (but specifically speaking for this blog we are blogging about doggies)  In my opinion, dogs are some of the most amazing living beings because they truly have the ability to show us what true loyalty and unconditional love really is. There is a quote which mentions how "there isn't anything else in this world that will be loyal to you more then to himself then a dog" and that really is true. I know it may sound hokey, but I don't think it is just coincidence that dogs are always referred to as "man's best friend." On Friday, I was lucky to meet a veteran that was accompanied by his service dog. I was extremely happy to see this because I whole heartily believe in the "human/animal bond" and how it really can help veterans live a better quality of life. Sometimes in life it's not the medicine or pills that we may need to make us feel better, but instead just a good friend. And in this situation, a dog is just the perfect medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment