Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Staying consistent at Pure Power Bootcamp, NYC - 6 Month Maintenance Journal, Day 7

www.purepowerbootcamp.com
Maintenance Journal
6 Months, Day 7
Today we're halfway through the bootcamp week.. still small in class but on fire. There are only still 4 brave OMBG and we're all getting skinner by the minute the moment we walk in here. Today was another day of sprints and bear crawls. I do have to say though I'm getting better and better. I'm keeping up withe the guys when I do this and feel like a little tiger. Grrr...Besides that today we also had to do lots of squats against the wall. At first it didn't feel too bad but then after a couple of seconds one started to feel the burn on the legs, especially the calves. We rotated - first doing the squats against the wall and then we switched to doing squat thrusts with the tires. Yes, the lovely tires again! Anyhow I definitely felt these exercises were doing something to my legs as there is no way all that work can be in vain. But there came a point where we were against the wall and I tried concentrating and staring at a point in the wall to keep my focus - didn't work, so I did what I always do that works... I started to think happy thoughts and low and behold that kept me from loosing strength. 
Everyday, I feel I'm getting better and better. True for the most part there are those incredibly difficult days but overall I can definitely say that I have super improved and I'm a lot better off then I was when I first started. Non the less, I can't fall in love with myself just yet as I still have quite some miles to go to reach my desired destination. But in the meantime, through the journey of it all it helps to think happy thoughts as by doing so it makes the process that much "brighter."
“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping." 
-Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment