Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Tour of Pure Power Bootcamp in NYC; a gym like you've never seen before



Hello Again,
So many of you have been asking me regarding my bootcamp gym and it seems no matter how much I try to explain somehow visualizing a "bootcamp" in the middle of New York City is quite difficult to envision so I figured the best next thing to do was write about it and show some pics. I also had a couple of questions on what the "INTENSITY" wall was... Well as you can see in this first picture above. Every obstacle has a dedicated name on it- the Intensity wall is a wall which you climb over. There are hurdles, belly robbers, rock climbing wall (which by the way is slanted on one side),the adult version of the monkey bars, and one of my favorites is the climbing slide which is pictured below. 
Besides that if you carefully look at what is under the slide you will see stack of tires (yes, tires) with those we do squats, endless laps, squat thrusts, and one of the all time favorite is holding the tire over your head for usually 60 seconds -if not more! And those lovely sandbags, yes we run with those bad boys. Yup, just like the real army bootcamp but in NYC :) 
Classes start at 5:30 am and every class is a platoon (I'm in the 5:30 one) They are taught by former real Marines so there's no mercy here! When they say 100 push ups, they really do mean 100 pushups. The part of the gym that is not pictured is where we do weights, the daily mountain runner, and the stretching. Yes, my friends this is my bootcamp NYC style, soon to be in California too! Fun, fun, fun at 5:30 am :) I'm also linking a Youtube video so you can get a better idea of all the work that is done here, and you'll also get to meet the owner as well...take a peek!
cheers, nency

Pure Power Bootcamp NYC , 38 East 32nd Street 3rd Floor NYC, NY 10016 
Tel: 212-414-1886

Pure Power Bootcamp Jericho, 50 South Service Road  Jericho, NY 11753
Tel: 516-338-1112


No comments:

Post a Comment