Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The "Sparkle" of my life :) also known as "Sunshine face" for her static morning hair duo

 Little Miss. Sparkles

Hello, and welcome back...
Today I am inspired to write about someone who I think anyone that knows me really well knows about and that is the one and only famous Little Miss. Sparkles (which is my beloved little shadow, aka my dog) I wanted to write about her today because I've continued my reading of the book, The Bond by the president of the Humane Society, Wayne Pacelle and I am currently on the 4th chapter where he is talking about how powerful the the human/animal bond is and it's origin of how it all came about. Anyhow, with that mentioned I couldn't help but think of how I came about to meet Little Miss. Sparkles and how lucky I am to have her in my life and be able to experience taking care of the munchkin and seeing all her amusing entertaining personality. So with out further jibber jabber here is the story 

So growing up, there was always some kind of pet in the household. It wasn't until the end of my college years that I spent 3 years without an animal in my life and within those years I can honestly say I felt somewhat "bare" not having a pet. It just seemed weird. Anyhow, I was close to graduating and had been thinking of what I was going to do for myself for having survived and  finished art school. I thought of many things but the one thing that kept tugging at my dress was having a dog. I knew it most likely would be a small dog as I figured  I would be living in apartments for a while and the smaller ones were perhaps more reasonable. And so my heart was set on getting a dog for graduation. I know what many of you are thinking..  How are you going to pay for all the vet bills/other bills that come along with getting a pet. Well technically like many college students,yes I was broke but I specifically remembered looking at the statement of my student loan and seeing that I had plenty left over to take care of a dog for at least 2 years. And so there it was I was going to get a dog for graduation and her name would be Little (for the height) Miss (I was hoping for a girl) Sparkles (because I knew she was going to be the little burst of  sunshine). And  the next step was just in finding her...
When I first met her at a rescue, she was tiny - a mere 1 1/2 pds at 4 months and I remember all I saw were these tiny little beety black eyes. As I picked her up she was a bit on the stinky winky side but remember thinking, wow I'm responsible for this little life- it was then that I Nency Escamilla, of all the Escamilla's became a single doggie mommy.  I only wanted what would make her happy and promised her that no matter what, I would always do my very best to make sure she has the best doggie life ever. No matter what happens I would never leave her behind nor would she ever see the inside of an animal shelter. I remember saying that to her and holding her and thinking, my life just completely changed. But it was a good change; a change that is inevitable as I do believe in the saying,  "the only constant is change" - as it is how we evolve and grow. This growth felt good. I knew I was just about to embark on not only a new phase in my life (especially having just inherited this bundle of responsibility) but I also knew that where ever I would go there would be a little more "sparkle" that would make things that much more endearing. 
xoxo,nency
Yes that is a oil painting of the little one courtesy of my friend from art school -24x24 poster size! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment